sitiangie

sitiangie

Tuesday 1 May 2012

[Article] The people who inspired Siti


THE History Channel's (Astro channel 555) Jan 11 documentary on Datuk Siti Nurhaliza certainly serves as an inspiration to viewers. But who are the people who had inspired Siti to such great heights? In an exclusive interview with theSun, Siti reveals 10 personalities who were a source of inspiration to her:

>> Prophet Muhammad
"He had gone through many obstacles but His persistence is an inspiration to everyone."

>> Tan Sri P. Ramlee
"He was a true legend who sacrificed everything for his art. You never get bored watching all his movies and listening to his songs."

>> Oprah Winfrey
"She is the symbol of a successful and strong woman. She is also sensitive in highlighting the problems that plague our world. I used to follow Oprah's shows avidly.

>> Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad
"The former prime minister had raised the image of Malaysia and was instrumental in helping the country become more prosperous. He's a firm man and speaks his mind. Even when he was no longer the PM, he still speaks his mind."

>> Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali
"As the wife of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, she epitomises the phrases: 'Behind every successful man, there is a woman'. I've met her many times and I find her very motherly, down-to-earth and very intelligent."

>> Celine Dion
"This singer worked her way to fame from the bottom. She even had to learn to speak English to conquer the international market. I caught her show in Las Vegas in 2006 and had a fun time. When she perfomed here two years ago, I had the opportunity to meet her behind the stage. Dion is a very warm person, and I presented her with two of my albums.

>> Tony Fernandez
"He revolutionised the airline industry and made travelling by air affordable through AirAsia. I knew him when he started out his career in the music industry. He is a man full of new ideas. I want to become a successful businesswoman in the near future and he is my idol."

>> Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz
"She [governor of Bank Negara Malaysia] has shown that a woman can be successful in a male-dominated industry. All you need is courage."

>> Datuk Seri Khalid Mohd Jiwa
"Before I married him, all I could think of was my work. He taught me that my life should not only be about work and that I should learn to enjoy life a little. He also taught me to broaden my horizons and diversify. Now, I'm dreaming of becoming a successful businesswoman."

>> Siti Salmah Bachik
"My mother taught me to be independent. I came from a poor family. My late father was just a policeman and his income was just enough to support the seven of us. To supplement, our income, my mother used to make kuih and I had to sell them from house-to-house. She gave me the courage to face the people. Her strenght inspired me."


Sumber: thesundaily
Posted on 22 December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

DUTA SUPER MALAYSIA

DUTA SUPER MALAYSIA

KEEP VOTING

KEEP VOTING